Digital Content Assistant (Part-Time, Temporary)
Position Title: Digital Content Assistant
Department/Team: Publications and Digital Media
The Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington (AGSIW), launched in 2015, is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to providing expert research and analysis of the social, economic, and political dimensions of the Gulf Arab states and key neighboring countries and how they affect domestic and foreign policy. AGSIW focuses on issues ranging from politics and security to economics, trade, and business; from social dynamics to civil society and culture. Through programs, publications, and scholarly exchanges the institute seeks to encourage thoughtful debate and inform the U.S. foreign-policy, business, and academic communities regarding this critical geostrategic region.
The Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington seeks a Digital Content Assistant to assist in the maintenance of all content on AGSIW.org and related digital platforms.
This is a part-time, temporary position based at AGSIW’s office in Washington, DC from February through August 2020. This is not a remote position.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Update and maintain all website content in English and Arabic, including blog posts, event announcements, papers, biographies, and other material
- Source images using AGSIW’s image subscriptions
- Prepare analytics reports
- Coordinate livestream and video content with digital content producer
- Coordinate Arabic content with Arabic editor
- Format long-form publications in InDesign
- Create graphics using Canva and Venngage
- Prepare all email campaigns, including the weekly newsletter, event announcements, and publications
- Track AGSIW media mentions and outreach for the weekly newsletter
- Maintain and update email listserv
Social Media Marketing
- Update and monitor social media platforms in accordance with AGSIW social media guidelines
- Coordinate social media postings with Arabic editor (for Arabic content) and interns
- Live-tweet public panels
- Other digital content duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in website content management (WordPress)
- 1-3 years of experience in email creation and management (Mailchimp)
- 1-3 years of experience in social media maintenance (Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, LinkedIn)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with Middle Eastern and Gulf affairs
- Must be fluent in English; Knowledge of Arabic desired
- Careful attention to detail required
- Proven ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently, and demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with AP style
- Bachelor’s degree required
Interested candidates should forward resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. In the subject line please include “Digital Content Assistant.” Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. All applicants must have authorization to work in the United States.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered.
AGSIW is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. No phone calls please.
Through its careful examination of the forces shaping the evolution of Gulf societies and the new generation of emerging leaders, AGSIW facilitates a richer understanding of the role the countries in this key geostrategic region can be expected to play in the 21st century.Learn More